Celeries have always been part of my kitchen, especially for mirepoix and stock.
And as celery juice? It was like a whole new territory to explore.
Whether you’ve tried juicing celery, this recipe roundup will be perfect for you. You can either try new stuff or make beginner-friendly recipes.
Here’s the deal:
There are claims like “it can cure chronic illnesses.” But before we go any further, let me tell you that some of these claims are not evidence-based.
Luckily, Celery Juices indeed have some proven benefits…
Let’s start with those.
1. It may help you hydrate.
It’s no secret that water is a vital part of our lives. So, knowing that celery juice is 95% water, it can help with our daily water requirements.
2. Celery juice has low sugar content.
In terms of the sugar level, which one do you think is better? Soda pop or celery juice?
I mean, there’s no competition, right?
Sure, sodas are more decadent, but they’re certainly not healthy. According to Food Data Central, celery juice only contains 3.16 grams of sugar (1.3%). Compare that to sugary pops that can be as high as 49 grams (16%) in a 12 oz serving.
Thus, to some extent, celery juice can be an excellent substitute if you want to lower your overall sugar intake.
3. Contains important nutrients.
Generally, you can find these vital nutrients in 1 cup (236 g) of celery juice.
|Vitamin A, RAE||51.9 µg|
|Vitamin C, Ascorbic acid||7.32 mg|
|Vitamin K||69.1 µg|
You can click on the source below to learn more about what’s in celery juice.
4. It includes other healthy plant compounds, such as antioxidant properties.
As if that’s not enough?
Celery juices may also help your skin, particularly acne. Note: there’s no proof that it gets rid of acne. Luckily, as Healthline mentioned, some of its components can still improve acne symptoms. That’s still a win if you ask me.
Celery Juice Recipes
1. Celery Juice
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 apple or pear
- 1/4 inch ginger
- 1/4 lime or lemon
2. Sweet Celery Juice
- 4-5 apples (I used honey crisp)
- 1 bunch of celery
- about 2 inches of ginger
- 2 meyer lemons outer skin removed
3. Cucumber Celery Weight Loss Juice
- 5 stalks celery
- 1 cucumber
- 1-2 inches turmeric
- 2 cups leafy greens
- A handful parsley
- 1 apple
- 1 avocado should be blended with the juice
4. Refreshing Celery Juice
- 3 medium-sized apples
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup of kale
- 1/2 medium-sized lemon
5. Celery & Fruit Juice
- 1 lemon peeled & quartered
- 1 inch ginger peeled
- 1 cucumber peeled
- 2 large apples peeled & sliced
- 1 celery brunch 6-8 stalks
6. Magical Celery Juice
- 1 big bunch celery
- 1 lime peeled
7. Celery Lime Juice
- 2 bunches of celery
- 1 lime, skin removed (optional, for better taste)*
8. Dreamy Detox
- 2 Apples
- 1 Slice of Unwaxed Lemon
- 1 Inch Slice of Cucumber
- 1 Celery Stick
- 1 Inch of Ginger Root
9. Green Apple Celery Ginger Juice
- 1 small green apple
- 1/2 bunch celery
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 knob ginger
- pinch of cayenne on top to serve, optional
10. Celery Ginger Juice
- 1 small bunch celery (or 1 heart)
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 large green apple
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 -inch knob of ginger
11. Celery, Ginger And Lemon Juice—Magical Elixir
- 3 Celery Ribs
- 1/2 inch Raw Ginger
- 1/2 Lemon Juice, preferably ripe
- 1/4 cup water
12. Pure Green Super
- 2 stalks Celery
- ½ Cucumber
- 1 handful Spinach Leaves
- 1 shot Wheatgrass or Wheatgrass Powder
- ¼ Orange
- 1 small handful Ice
13. Digestive Aid Green Juice
- 1 celery stick
- 2 handfuls of fresh kale (40 g)*
- 1/4 fennel**
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger root (about 1 cm)
- 2 pears***
14. Good Digestion Celery Juice
- 2 pounds organic celery washed, soaked, and chopped
- 2 large organic cucumbers washed, soaked, and chopped
- 1 large navel orange washed, soaked, and chopped
- 1/2 lemon
15. Celery Juice
- 2 lemons, juiced
16. Celery Pear Healthy Green Juice
- 6 pears, sliced and de-seeded
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 cups kale
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
17. Celery Juice
- 1 large bunch celery
- 3 green apples optional
18. Springtime Green Apple Juice
- 1 green apple, cored
- 4 celery stalks
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
19. Spinach Cucumber And Celery Juice
- 1 large organic cucumber
- 6 stalks organic celery
- 3 cups organic baby spinach
- 1 organic lemon
20. Celery Lime Juice
- a head of celery (organic is always best for juicing)
- ginger knob
21. Easy Celery Juice Recipe
- 1 bunch celery
22. Celery Ginger Cucumber Plum Juice
- Plums – Use red, black or yellow plums.
- Lemon (or lime)
- Fresh Mint
23. Ginger Beet Celery Juice
- 2 raw large beets, peeled
- 3 large red apples
- 3 carrots
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled,
- 5 sticks celery
- 1 lemon
24. Refreshing Celery & Cucumber Juice With Lemon
- 1 medium to large cucumber
- 6 small stalks celery ends removed (or 3 large stalks)
- 1 apple cored (optional but recommended)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges (or to taste)
25. Pineapple Celery Green Juice
- Ginger Root
26. Keto Fresh Celery Lemon Juice
- Celery Juice
- Lemon Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
27. Alkalizing Celery Lemonade
- 1 bunch celery 10-12 oz.
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup water
28. Celery And Cucumber Juice
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch kale or spinach
- 1 large lemon
- 1/4 inch ginger root
The thing is, most juice recipes have less fiber; that’s just how juicing works.
The good news? Celery juice packs more nutrients compared to eating celery normally.
1 cup of celery juice (236g) includes 189 mg of sodium, which is significant considering that there’s a recommendation of 1,500 to 2,300 mg daily. To put it into perspective, 1 cup of celery juice is already 8.2% of the recommended daily sodium intake.
Something to keep in mind, especially if you’ll follow a celery juice diet.
Here are other precautions…
- There’s no proof that it cures chronic illnesses.
- There’s no concrete evidence that celery juice helps detoxify our body. Our body, particularly the liver and renal system, naturally does that without drinking unique beverages.
Over to You
Given all the benefits of juicing celery, celery juices are an excellent consideration to include in your diet. I suggest you experiment with the 28 Celery Juices in this list with your celery juicer.
You can even add different ingredients to make your drink even more flavorful!