When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more »
- The Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer is an upgrade on your traditional Instant Pot pressure cooker with air fryer lid.
- You can use the pressure cooker, slow cooker, or other cooking functions first, then switch to the air fryer lid to get that nice crispy outer layer for your recipes.
- The air fryer lid is available for other instant pot models as well, but they won’t have all 11 functions of the IP Duo Crisp.
- 6 Qt Instant Pot Crisp
- 6 Qt Instant Pot Duo Crisp
- 8 Qt Instant Pot Duo Crisp
- Features of the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer
- Technical Specifications
- What can you cook with the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer?
- Is the Instant Pot Duo Plus Air Fryer easy to use?
- How to clean the Instant Pot Duo Plus Air Fryer?
- See Instapot Duo Crisp in Action
- What accessories can I get with the 11-in-1 Instant Pot Duo Air Fryer?
- Is the Instant Pot Duo Crisp worth it?
- Midrange budget
- Sleek design
- 11-in-1 pressure cooker and air fryer
- Smart and programmable
- Delay cooking + keep warm
- 6 and 8 quarts capacity for generous portions
- Safer pressure release
- Auto-sealing vent
- Multi-level air fry basket to make room for more food
- Wide range of temperature for air frying
- Use less oil for an air fried guilt-free dish
- Includes protective storage cover
- PFOA, PTFE, BPA-free
- Dishwasher safe (excluding air fryer lid and base)
- 1-year warranty
- Requires significant space on your countertop
- Sautéing in Instapot is not the most convenient
- Incomplete progress (no preheat) indicator
- A tad heavy and bulky with the air fryer lid on
- Classic user interface
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp, also referred to as the Instant Pot Duo Plus Air Fryer or simply the IP Duo Crisp is the brand’s most popular pressure cooker-air fryer combo.
It offers two variants. There’s the Instant Pot Crisp, which is a 6-quart model based on the original Duo Instant Pot. And there’s also the Instant Pot Duo Crisp patterned after the Duo Plus Instant Pot, which is available in 6 and 8-qt. cooking capacities.
Sound confusing? Here is a table that helps!
6 Qt Instant Pot Crisp
6 Qt Instant Pot Duo Crisp
8 Qt Instant Pot Duo Crisp
|Number of Cooking functions||9 Functions: Pressure Cook, Slow Cook, Steamer, Sauté, Air Fry, Bake, Roast, Broil, and Keep Warm||11 Functions: Pressure Cook, Slow Cook, Steam, Sauté, Air Fry, Roast, Bake, Broil, Dehydrate, Sous Vide, and Keep Warm||11 Functions: Pressure Cook, Slow Cook, Steam, Sauté, Air Fry, Roast, Bake, Broil, Dehydrate, Sous Vide, and Keep Warm|
|Pressure release type||Classic pressure release||Safer pressure release knob||Safer pressure release knob|
|Get at Amazon →||Get at Amazon →||Get at Amazon →|
As you can see, the Duo Crisp has more functions and is safer to operate than the Instant Pot Crisp model. In my humble opinion, I would love to have sous vide program that allows you to cook pre-packaged bagged meals.
Features of the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer
The most prominent features of the Instant Pot Duo Crisp with Air Fryer are the 11 programmed functions. According to Instant Home, The IP Duo Crisp is a pressure cooker, air fryer, slow cooker, steamer, saute, warmer, sous vide, roaster, mini oven, broiler, and dehydrated all in one.
To do all that, it requires two different lids and a few accessories.
More on how you can use these functions is below.
Standard Instant Pot Features
To start, the inner pot is made of durable stainless steel, and both it and the pressure cooker lid are dishwasher safe. However, note that the air fryer lid is NOT dishwasher safe, and you should also handwash the air fry basket.
Other Instant Pot Duo features found on the IP Duo Crisp include:
- Easy Release Switch: An easy, safe way to release steam and pressure from the Instant Pot.
- Stainless Steel Steam Rack: This rack is still available for the IP Duo Crisp, in addition to the air fry basket below.
Air Fryer Lid
The air fryer lid offers a bit more capability. The Instant Pot Duo only has 7 functions, but the air fryer lid adds an additional 4 features. The IP Duo Crisp gives you different functions based on the lid you have chosen. With the air fryer lid, you have a customizable temperature range of 105 to 400 degrees.
Instant Pot also has a patented Even Crisp air flow technology, but this is similar to other air fryers. This is located within the air fry lid itself, and is the reason the lid gets so hot while using the air frying functions.
Silicone Safety Mat
Speaking of which, there is a silicone safety mat that comes with the Instant Pot Duo Crisp plus Air Fryer, and it is very important. The air fry lid will be very hot when you remove it to take out your food. You must follow the safety instructions by placing the lid on the silicone mat. If you don’t, you risk burning your counters.
You should also use an oven mitt when removing the air fry lid.
Other Safety Features
Instant Pot prides themselves on safety, so it isn’t surprising that the IP Duo Crisp Air Fryer is packed with 10 safety features. These include:
- Pressure regulator that monitors and releases pressure as necessary for safe operation
- Anti-blockage vent keeps the vent clear of food debris
- Safety lid lock keeps the unit from being opened while contents are under pressure
- Lid position sensor keeps the unit from running if the lid is not in the appropriate position
- Automatic temperature control for worry-free operation without frequently checking the recipe
- Temperature monitoring ensures food isn’t burnt by turning off the unit when food reaches the right temperature
- Electrical current and temperature fuse shuts down the unit before it can trip a breaker in your home
- Pressure protection feature releases pressure into an inner chamber in case of emergency
- Leaky lid smart detection prevents pressurization if there is a leak
- Quick release button automatically resets the unit to the sealing position when you open or close the lid
If you picked the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Plus Air Fryer, it has an additional safety feature. Just like the Instapot Duo Plus, the pressure release knob is farther away from the vent.
On the other hand, if you opt for the Amazon-exclusive one, it still has the classic pressure release identical to the original Instapot Duo.
In addition to the pressure cooker, pressure cooker lid, and air fryer lid, Duo Crisps units come with a broil and dehydrator tray, an air fryer basket, and a steam rack.
|Type||Pressure Cooker / Multi-Cooker / Slow Cooker / Air Fryer|
|Brand/Series||Instant Pot by Instant Brands|
|Model #||140-0021-01, DUO CRISP AF 6, DUO CRISP AF 8|
|Rating||4.6 out of 5|
|Functions||(9-in-1) IP Crisp: Pressure Cook, Slow Cook, Steamer, Sauté, Air Fry, Bake, Roast, Broil, Keep Warm|
(11-in-1) IP Duo Crisp: Pressure Cook, Slow Cook, Steamer, Sauté Pan, Air Fryer, Roaster, Mini Oven, Broiler, Dehydrator, Sous Vide, and Warmer
|Pot, Air Fry Basket||Stainless Steel, Aluminum with ceramic coating|
|Capacity||Instant Pot Crisp – 6 quarts (5.7 L)|
Instant Pot Duo Crisp – 6 quarts (5.7 L)
Instant Pot Duo Crisp – 8 quarts (7.6 L)
|Dishwasher safe||Yes (except for the base and air fryer lid)|
|PFOA, PTFE, BPA free||Yes|
|Dimensions (LxWxH) |
with air fryer lid
|6-quart model: 13.58 × 13.58 × 13.97 (34.5 x 34.5 x 35.5 cm)|
8-quart model: 14.76 × 13.58 × 15.28 inches (37.5 × 34.5 × 38.8 cm)
|Application||Home and Personal Use|
|Related Products||Instant Pot Duo 60, IP Duo Plus, Instant Pot Duo SV, Instant Duo Nova, Instant Pot Duo Gourmet, Duo Evo Instant Pot, Instant Pot Pro Crisp|
What can you cook with the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer?
The ultimate selling point of the Duo Crisp is its air-frying capability. You won’t need to buy a separate air fryer unless the Duo Crisp isn’t large enough.
And here are all its other cooking functions.
If you’re not sure what the sous vide function is for, this is an option that allows you to cook foods with a water bath. It is a great way to slow down the cooking for some recipes. I use this function to cook when I want to dial in the exact cook temperature for my protein.
*The sous vide and dehydrate function is only available in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp model.
Is the Instant Pot Duo Plus Air Fryer easy to use?
Like many multicookers, the Instant Pot Duo Plus is intimidating at first. Add in the fact that it comes with a separate lid for an air fryer, it makes things more complicated.
I had to constantly reference the user manual when cooking with it. Eventually, I got comfortable with the unit, but it took me about a month before that happened. This is about how long it took me to get comfortable with the Instapot Max.
Overall, multicookers do have a moderate learning curve. That’s the tradeoff of squeezing multiple functions into one kitchen appliance.
On the bright side, having a multi-cooker at home is one of my best decisions. I don’t have to wait for more than an hour to tenderize my meat.
Besides that, I love that there are so many programmed functions that make it really easy to set and forget. Reading the manual before you start will go a long way toward making the IP Duo Crisp Air Fryer easier to operate.
How to clean the Instant Pot Duo Plus Air Fryer?
When using the air frying function and pressure cooking greasy recipes, cleaning won’t be as easy. The trick is to fill your inner pot with water and soak it overnight to loosen the food particles.
When it comes to the air fryer lid, wait for it to cool down before wiping it off with a damp cloth. However, it may require deep cleaning once in a while.
In addition, you have to be careful with the small parts when cleaning up the lid. Losing any of it means you’ll have to buy a new one.
See Instapot Duo Crisp in Action
Don’t take my word for it, here’s a short video demonstration of Instant Pot Duo Crisp.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp is a multi-functional pressure cooker that has an air frying accessory. It can pressure cook, slow cook, steam, sauté, air fry, roast, bake, broil, dehydrate, and sous vide. It’s available in 6-qt. (5.7 L) and 8-qt. (7.6 L) cooking capacity.
What accessories can I get with the 11-in-1 Instant Pot Duo Air Fryer?
Here are some must-have accessories for the Duo Crisp.
Model # IP-POT-SS304-60
I highly recommend getting an extra pot. It’s highly convenient when making both the primary and side dishes in your pressure cooker. Instead of cleaning the same pot after cooking, you can prepare the next dish and cook it right away.
Instant Pot Transparent Lid
Model # 213-0201-01
Another excellent accessory to buy is a transparent lid. It’s exceptionally helpful when slow cooking. However, if you already have a transparent cover that fits, you don’t need to get another one.
Extra Sealing Ring
Model # 211-0007-01
Some odors, especially from intense recipes, stick to the sealing ring. Consequently, milder recipes might pick up some of the odor/flavors if you use the same sealing ring. Therefore, it’s ideal for getting extra sealing ring(s) for different tastes (mild and strong).
Model # 5252247
Here’s the deal: Some ingredients don’t fit well with the included steamer rack. Therefore, if you’ll frequently steam, getting a steamer basket with small holes is more advantageous.
*Product Images and Video Courtesy of Instant Brands
Is the Instant Pot Duo Crisp worth it?
If you’re looking for a multifunctional pressure cooker that can also air-fry, that’s what you’ll get with the Instant Pot Duo Crisp. That’s two major kitchen appliances for the price of one.
However, if you want a more up-to-date version of this model, you might want to check the 8-quart Instant Pot Pro Crisp.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?