The Mediterranean Hummus Bites will make your afternoon (or movie) snack more exciting. Plus, it’s a great appetizer too!
Oh, and did I mention that it’s relatively straightforward to make? For context, it only took me 15 minutes of prep time.
So, without further ado, let’s make it!
How to make Mediterranean Hummus Bites? (and tips)
When you have a Vitamix blender, hummus is pretty easy to make. For the recipe, I followed Lisa’s guide from Downshiftology. Essentially, add all the hummus components together into the blender. Then, blend for 30 seconds at max speed, and that’s it!
If you want to take the easy road, you can always buy a 10-ounce classic hummus instead.
Start by preheating the oven to 375ºF. Then, lightly grease your muffin tray. Place each mini tortilla into the muffin cups as if you’re placing cupcake liners. Cook for about 10 minutes.
You can also buy a full-sized tortilla, but you’d have to slice it to smaller sizes, making the process longer.
While baking, you can prep the rest of the ingredients—dice the bell pepper, tomato, and cucumber. Also, chop up your parsley for garnish.
You can mix the diced veggies in one bowl, or you can add them separately. I just find it easier to use one bowl or plate for cleaning up later.
Afterward, portion it by batch, starting with hummus, then veggies, cheese, and finally, the garnish (parsley and paprika). This is easier than finishing one tortilla bite at a time.
Last but not least, enjoy your Mediterranean Hummus Bites!
If you’re going to buy hummus, your favorite flavored hummus will undoubtedly suffice.
On a slightly different note:
There are numerous veggies you can substitute for the mediterranean hummus bites. You can use radish slices, celery, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli florets, etc.
By the way, if you want to make your hummus bites spicy, you can use cayenne pepper instead of paprika for the topping.
Mediterranean Hummus BitesCourse: Snacks, DessertCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
The Mediterranean Hummus Bites are an excellent snack for any time of the day or week. In less than 30 minutes, you’d already have 12 servings of hummus bites. It’s so easy to make that it can even be a fun family activity, especially for kids.
- Hummus (Optional)
30 oz canned chickpeas, drained with liquid reserved
1/3 cup chickpea liquid, or more, as needed
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup olive oil
2 lemons, juiced
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
- Hummus Bites
10 oz hummus (either the DIY or store-bought)
12 corn tortillas (they are also called mini tortillas)
1 small tomato, diced
½ small cucumber, diced
½ bell pepper, diced
1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Using a lightly greased muffin tray, gently press each tortilla into muffin cups.
- Bake the tortillas for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- (Optional) If you’re going to make your own hummus, add all the hummus ingredients to the blender. Secure lid and blend at max speed for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- While the tortillas are baking, you can wash and dice up the fresh ingredients—tomato, cucumber, and bell pepper. In a bowl, mix the diced components together.
- You can also chop the parsley at this time.
- Once the tortillas have finished cooking, portion the hummus and diced ingredients into each tortilla.
- Crumble and sprinkle the feta cheese, and garnish the paprika and parsley on top of the tortilla (muffins).
- Recipe inspired by Lauren Sharifi.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?