When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
The Omega MM900HDS is optimized for juicing celery, but it’s also built for handling leafy greens, dense produce, and citruses.
In short, Omega MM900HDS is a heavy-duty juice maker that you can depend on.
One thing that I’d like to point out is that this product is strictly made for juicing. It doesn’t offer other food processing functions, unlike its predecessors.
- Optimized for making celery juices
- Slow RPM motor for maximum nutrient retention
- Higher juice yield
- 72 hours of juice shelf life
- Great for juicing dense produce, citruses, and leafy greens
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Smooth and quiet operation
- External pulp ejection for continuous juicing
- Strictly for juicing, you can’t make nut butter, baby foods, non-dairy milk alternative, grind beans or extrude pasta and breadsticks with this product.
- Not suited for processing soft fruits
- Some users report a pulpy juice, you might need a sieve
- Slow juice extraction time in comparison to centrifugal juicers
- Narrow chute requires chopping your produce into small pieces making your juicing process even slower
Features & Product Details
Is it Easy to Use?
MM900HDS is a very straightforward product. All you have to do is assemble six parts to get you started juicing. It will only take you a minute, even if you’re new to juicing.
The only downside of any horizontal masticating juicer is its small chute opening. It requires your fruits and vegetables to be cut into small pieces. However, that’s not an issue with celery stalks provided that you’ll insert the narrow end first or the flowery end of the produce.
Another thing that you’ll have to keep in mind is the two end caps. Use the celery end cap for juicing celeries only. It has a tighter clearance designed to yield more juice from celery stalks. For the rest of the produce, use the standard end cap.
Is it Easy to Clean?
All the detachable parts of this juicing machine are top-rack dishwasher safe. For the best results, you might want to soak those parts in warm water diluted with a few drops of either baking soda or dishwashing soap for about 30 minutes before running it in your dishwasher.
As far as juice quality is concerned, the MM900HDS juicer can live up to the Omega’s standards. Being a part of the horizontal masticating juice extractor family, it shares the same efficiency with its siblings. You’ll get a higher juice yield loaded with nutrients with this product.
Unfortunately, this is the only horizontal masticating juicer that doesn’t have any other food processing functions. It’s strictly made for juicing.
It doesn’t include a blank cone, blank end cap, or any specialty nozzles that comes as standard accessories for Omega’s lineup of masticating juicers.
Here are the things that you can’t do with this machine.
- You can’t process soft fruits with it
- Making non-dairy milk alternatives
- Making baby food and nut butter
- Grind beans
- You can’t mince ingredients to make dips and sauces
What Kinds of Produce Can Omega MM900HDS Juice?
Aside from juicing celeries, it also works well for a whole range of dense fruits and vegetables, citruses, and leafy greens.
What Makes it Good for Juicing Celeries?
Upon comparing it with other Omega slow juicers, there’s just one part that makes this product a celery juicer—the celery end cap. It’s like a regular end cap fitted with a green insert, which made the opening a little tighter.
In theory, this simple adjustment should improve the efficiency of extracting juice from those fluid-filled stalks
|Juice Shelf Life||72 Hours|
|Motor||80 RPM, 2 horsepower|
|Chute Size||1.5 inch (round)|
|Build||Plastic (BPA Free)|
|Color||Silver & Black|
|Best for Juicing||Dense Produce, Citrus Fruits & Leafy Greens|
|Application||Home & Personal Use|
The Omega MM900HDS is a great product. It’s one of the best juicers for making celery juices, and it can also help you make green juices and other basic juice recipes.
And, the best part about it is it comes with a 15-year product guarantee.
Do you find this review helpful? Share it.