There are so many marvelous ways to cook salmon, some are hard and some are easy. This salmon asparagus recipe will be on the straightforward side (sort of).
Here’s the deal:
This is actually both an easy, and medium difficulty. If you want a quick meal, then you can skip the sweet potatoes. If that’s the case then this shall be a quick one-pan recipe.
So, without further ado, let’s make the Easy Salmon Asparagus Recipe!
How to make Salmon Asparagus?
Start by making the butter mixture.
Melt the butter into its liquid form. Then, mince or press the garlic. Next, extract the lemon juice and mix it all together.
Line the asparagus and salmon on a baking tray. Also, don’t forget to remove the fibrous ends of the asparagus. Next, make sure that they are leveled so that it will cook evenly. Drizzle the asparagus with oil.
Now, brush the salmon and asparagus with the butter mixture and season with salt and pepper.
Finally, bake the salmon and asparagus for 10-15 minutes at 425ºF. After it’s done, broil it for 2-3 more minutes. By the way, while cooking you can prepare your parsley garnish.
Once baked, top with parsley while still hot and serve.
If you don’t want the butter lemon, here’s an extremely quick way:
Drizzle the asparagus and salmon with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Then, top with lemon rings, and finally bake it.
How to prepare the Sweet Potatoes? (optional)
I just added sweet potatoes in this recipe because it tasted good together with the main course. But, prepping sweet potatoes is so cumbersome.
It can get soggy easily too. So, if you’re going to make this, use a different pan as the butter from the salmon asparagus will be absorbed by the potatoes.
First off, clean your sweet potatoes and slice them up nicely just like fries. Place them on a bowl and sprinkle the cornstarch and ensure that all the potatoes are coated.
In a separate bowl, mix the oil, garlic powder, paprika, and dried rosemary. Pour this mixture into the potatoes and mix making sure that all the potatoes are covered with the mixture.
By the way, the oil that you should use should be neutral to avoid any weird aftertaste that doesn’t go well with sweet potatoes.
On a baking sheet lay the potatoes flat and season with salt and pepper. Then, bake for 20 minutes at 425ºF. After 20 minutes, flip the potatoes and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Luckily, you can bake the potatoes along with the salmon which should make the cooking time faster.
Once done baking, serve beside the salmon and asparagus.
You don’t need the most expensive salmon for this recipe, unless you have easy access to it. In fact, I just grabbed the cheapest one, and it was still “okay.” Not the best, but good enough.
For lemon, you can use lime if that’s what you have. But lemons tend to be sweeter than lime so the expected flavor may drift away a little. Overall, it will still be tasty.
For the parsley, you can use cilantro, chervil, or chives instead.
Easy Salmon Asparagus with Sweet Potatoes RecipeCourse: Dinner, MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy, Medium
The easy salmon asparagus recipe is an excellent quick meal for busy people. Even the prep time is swift, so anyone can make this effortlessly especially with only 9 ingredients. You can even up your game by adding in sweet potatoes.
- Salmon Asparagus
2 lbs salmon fillet
1 bunch of asparagus
¼ cup butter
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp parsley
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tbsp oil
- Sweet Potatoes (Optional)
2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp oil (something neutral if possible)
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp dried rosemary
½ tsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
- Salmon Asparagus
- If you have frozen salmon, bring those to room temperature first.
- Secondly, preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- While it’s thawing, you can prepare other ingredients. Start with the lemon butter. First, melt the butter in a microwave (20-30 seconds). It’s ideal if it’s in its liquid form, but not too hot.
- Next, mince or press the garlic cloves and put it on the butter. Then, extract the lemon juice into the butter and mix together.
- After that’s done, you can prepare the asparagus. Simply remove the fibrous ends of the asparagus.
- Now, line the baking pan/sheet with parchment paper. Then, lay the salmon and asparagus flat on the pan. As much as possible, the asparagus should be leveled to make sure that it cooks evenly.
- Afterwards, drizzle the asparagus with oil. With the butter mixture, brush the salmon and asparagus thoroughly. Next, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon for 10-15 minutes. By the way, make sure to check it from time to time to prevent the asparagus from getting overcooked. If it’s done before the salmon you can plate the asparagus first.
- While the salmon is cooking, you can (finely) chop up the parsley for garnish.
- After the salmon is done cooking, broil it on high for 2-3 more minutes. Then, bring it out and top with parsley while still hot.
- Finally, enjoy your meal!
- Sweet Potatoes (Optional)
- First off, preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Secondly, clean your potatoes. If you’re using a fruit brush, then you can leave the skin. Otherwise, you might want to peel it.
- Next, slice the sweet potatoes just like fries. (Actually, any cut is okay, your preference at this point).
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the potatoes with cornstarch, making sure that it’s thoroughly covered.
- Using a separate bowl, mix the oil, garlic powder, rosemary, and paprika.
- Drizzle the mixture to the potatoes. Using your hands, mix it all together making sure that all potatoes are coated.
- Line your baking pans with either parchment paper or foil. Then, put the potatoes on your pan making sure that no potato is on top of each other.
- Bake the potato for 20 minutes. Afterward, flip all the potatoes and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, serve with the salmon while hot.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?