When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more »
The slower RPM is ideal for soft fruits while the faster setting is intended for denser produce.
A 3.3-inch wide feeding chute eliminates the need to slice fruits and vegetables, saving up a lot of prep time. This juicer is definitely a step ahead of its predecessors.
Unlike the Breville BJE200XL, it has an external pulp ejection system for continuous juicing.
Many ergonomic features make this juicer a stand out product. It features a wrap-around cord storage, a central feed system, a froth separating 1-liter jug and the integrated handles on the large capacity pulp collector, and the plastic components were graded as BPA free.
- It’s relatively fast, it can process 8 oz. of juice in just 5 seconds
- Extra wide 3.3-inch feeding chute allows for less prep time
- Dual speed motor accommodates juicing of hard fruits and vegetables and softer fruits
- Dishwasher safe parts except the base can go in the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleanup
- If you’re juicing in large quantities the high capacity juice jug and pulp collector will come in handy
- In addition, external pulp ejection system will allow you to juice continuously
- For maximum juice quality, all plastic components of this juice press are BPA free. Plus, the cutting disk is made of stainless steel including the mesh filter surrounding the blade.
- As an added security measure, this home juicer automatically shuts down when overloaded to prevent overheating. Additionally, it will not operate without properly securing the top section.
- Cord storage is neatly hidden at the base of the electric juicer
- A lot of users are reporting that there’s so much wasted juice due to wet pulp
- Frothing is a visible issue with fast juicers. It’s a sign of oxidation or breakdown of nutrients. Juice quality, therefore, is a bit compromised.
- Not efficient when juicing green leafy vegetables
Breville Juice Fountain Plus Features
Is Breville JE98XL easy to use?
Operating Juice Fountain Plus is relatively simple; it’s designed to turn raw produce into a freshly pressed juice in just a few minutes. The extra-wide feeding chute eliminates the need to slice fruits and veggies.
It does not need a prod or push to keep going reduces the time required to juice by half compared to other brands. Juicing in large quantities is not an issue at all.
It’s built to eject pulp externally that can collect up to 2.5 liters of waste products.
Is Breville Juicer JE98XL easy to clean?
The snap off parts of the juicer makes the cleaning process quite easy. All the components, except the base, are dishwasher safe. This makes the juicer quick and easy to clean.
The Breville Juice Fountain Plus comes with a cleaning brush and is also quite simple to assemble and disassemble.
Here’s a quick tip, wash your juice extractor immediately after using it. The mesh filter can get clogged up if you let it dry. If this becomes the case, you’ll have a hard time cleaning it up later on.
If it ever happens to you since sometimes days can be very busy, use warm water to soften the residue.
Breville JE98XL is designed to be an affordable machine. It manages to squeeze quite a large amount of juice, leaving behind a semi-dry pulp. It doesn’t disappoint on the quality of juice, but it is not as great as expected from a masticating juicer.
A fast juicer’s weakness lies on its high-speed motor. High revolution can suck up too much air causing oxidation or the break down of nutrients in your juice. That is why juice coming out from centrifugal juice extractors tends to be frothy.
However, this issue can be eliminated with a little management. By either consuming it immediately or storing it in an airtight container (in your fridge, and away from light) can extend its shelf life by 24 hours.
What kinds of produce can the Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus process?
This juicing machine will work best on hard produce, soft fruits and citrus fruits (peeled).
Hard produce such as pineapple, carrots, jalapeno pepper, garlic, fennel, pepper, asparagus, watermelon, cilantro, pumpkin, cucumber, yakon, turmeric, beets, pear, ginger, apple, celery, sweet potato, sharp melon, broccoli and cauliflower.
Citrus fruits include tangerine, orange, lemon, grapefruit, mandarin, pomegranate and lime.
The low-speed setting allows this juicer to turn soft fruits such as grapes, melon, strawberry, avocado, peach, cranberries, papaya, mango, blackberry and kiwifruit into a purée using an optional purée disk.
Can it juice leafy greens and nuts?
The short answer is no, Breville Juicer JE98XL is not efficient for green leafy vegetables, let alone making soy and almond milk.
Thus, it’s not advisable for juicing any of the following—brussels sprout, spinach, collard greens, spring onion, kale, wheatgrass, dandelion greens, parsley, peppermint, romaine lettuce, cabbage, basil, lettuce, beet greens, moringa and pine tree needles.
|Brand/Series||Breville Juice Fountain|
|Rating||4.2 out of 5.0|
|Juice Shelf Life||24 Hours|
Low – 6500 RPM
High – 14,000 RPM
|Chute Size||3.3 inch (round)|
|Build||Plastic (BPA Free)|
|Best for Juicing||Soft Fruits, Dense Produce, Citruses|
|Application||Home & Personal Use|
|Related Products||Breville Juice Fountain Elite, Breville Big Squeeze, Breville Juice Fountain Cold, Breville Juice Fountain Cold Plus, Breville Juice Fountain Cold XL, Breville Juice Fountain Compact|
Is Breville Juice Fountain Plus worth it?
The Breville Juice Fountain Plus gained immense popularity owing to its use by Joe Cross in his films Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It’s indeed a celebrity in the juicing world.
To wrap it up, Juice Fountain Plus or the Breville JE98XL is perfect for beginners. It’s an affordable product that can introduce you into the world of juicing.
If you’re a juicing veteran, skip this product and go get a good cold press juicer.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?