Juicingjournal.com is reader-funded. When you purchase products from our links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you.
Gerson Therapy Juicer (2022) Updated List of Gerson Approved Juicers
A Gerson Therapy Juicer should have two parts—a grinder and a pressing element. It has to be a two-step juicer or a two-stage juicer.
Gerson Institute’s founder, the late Dr. Max Gerson, said, “Grinding was necessary to allow the produce to release more minerals.” He added, “During the process of grinding and pressing in a two-step juicer, the produce is not subjected to heat or electricity, so the fresh, healing enzymes in the raw fruits and vegetables are preserved in the juices.”
Following this strict guideline on Gerson juicers for cancer therapy limits our options to just two hydraulic presses.
Here are the best juicers for Gerson therapy.
Keep reading for the list of juicers approved for Gerson Therapy, followed by general information for this juicing method.
Gerson Approved Juicers
The Gerson Therapy is very specific, and there are just two expensive juicers available that fit the bill. However, there is an alternative recommended by Gerson Institute for those not fighting a malignant condition.
Here are the juicers recommended by the Gerson Institute.
Gerson Juicers for Cancer Therapy
Here are the details for the only two juicers that fully meet the requirements of the Gerson Therapy in just one appliance.
The Norwalk Juicer – The Original Juicer for Gerson Therapy
- Unrivaled juice extraction efficiency
- 72 hours juice shelf life
- Quiet operation
- Dishwasher safe
- BPA-Free (Stainless Steel Construction)
- Requires a significant amount of investment
- Challenging to operate
- Maintenance is quite a chore
- Takes up a huge footprint in your counter space
- Heavy, difficult to move around
The Norwalk Juicer has been around for decades. It’s the first-ever two-step juicer. In fact, its founder Dr. Walker was Dr. Gerson’s contemporary. He also championed nutrition to improve one’s health and as an alternative route in managing health conditions.
For years, the Norwalk Juicer has been the go-to hydraulic press juicer recommended by the Gerson Institute. Up to this day, it’s still highly recommended by the organization.
Unfortunately, the Norwalk Juicer has been discontinued. You can still find them on eBay, and the juicers are of such high quality and durability that they are still a good investment. If you want a brand new juicer, look to the PURE Juicer, found next.
Its reputation along with its functionality makes it the best Gerson Therapy juicer and the second best hydraulic juice press.
PURE Juicer – The Only Gerson Therapy Juicer Available New
Ladies & gentleman, here it is: the best juicer we've ever tested here at Juicing Journal. The PURE Juicer is the only "pure" cold-press juicer currently available on the market. It's yield is second-to-none. The device produces the most clean, refreshing tasting juice we've ever experienced. It's solid, stainless steel construction is backed by a 12-year warranty.
The PURE juicer is expensive! So it won't be your first juicer. It may not be your second. But it will be your last.
- Produces, by far, the best tasting juice of any juicer we've tested
- Maximum yield relative to any other juicer on the market
- The only "pure" cold-pressed juicer available
- All stainless steel components
- Looks great on your shelf!
- Backed by a 12-year warranty
- Included "Periodic Table of Juicing" takes all the guess work out of how to juice different types of produce
- 72 hours of juice shelf life
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Unmatched juice extraction efficiency and nutrient retention
- Has a bit of a learning curve
The PURE Juicer has only been around for a few years, but it’s been impressive in many ways. The website, packaging, manual, tutorials, and the product itself is an overall premium experience.
PURE Juicer has a more refined and modern design, but it works the same way as the Norwalk 290. There’s no difference between the two-step juicers if we’re talking about juice extraction efficiency and nutrient retention.
It’s just a matter of preference. If you like a more modern look, PURE juicer got the looks. But if you are into retro design, then pick Norwalk.
Ultimately, if you want to buy a brand new, never been used juicer specifically for Gerson Therapy, you’ll need to go with the PURE juicer, named the best hydraulic press.
Two-Step Juicer Alternative
There is an alternative, but it requires two appliances. The Welle’s Juicer, also called The People’s Press, is a manual hydraulic press juicer and the third best hydraulic press. The Champion Juicer is most recommended by the Gerson Institute as the second appliance, but there are other options.
- Runs on brute force
- BPA Free
- Quiet operation
- Optimum juice quality
- 72 hours juice shelf life
- As expensive as slow electric juicers
- Difficult to operate
- Doesn't come with a juice jug
- The pressing cloth can get ugly over time, you'll have to buy more if you plan to use this machine on a daily basis
- This model comes in two colors, you can choose between black or white or whichever matches your kitchen
- Commercial-grade juicer that can be used for business purposes without voiding the warranty
- BPA-free parts made of food-grade nylon and surgical-grade stainless steel
- Juice produced from masticating juicers last longer and higher in quality due to minimal oxidation
- Higher juice yield than centrifugal juicers
- It can juice wide varieties of produce
- Automatic pulp ejection for continuous juicing which can be helpful for preparing a detox plan
- Optional attachments for homogenizing and milling grains
- Can juice faster than standard slow juicers
- Parts are not dishwasher safe
- Mid-priced, definitely not on the cheap end
- Attachments are very expensive
- Not efficient in juicing leafy greens without attachment
- High RPM degrades the quality of the juice
- Super heavy, make sure to put it in a strongly reinforced counter space to avoid accidents
- For a masticating juicer, this is a bit noisy but not as loud as centrifugal juicers
- Requires a separate attachment for juicing wheatgrass
- Chopping your produce will take much of your time because of the narrow feeding chute
The Pure and Norwalk juicers are both premium products. You need to invest at least two grand to get your hands on any of those two-step juicers. But, they both offer financing options.
If you think those stainless steel cold press juicers are too expensive, then getting the Welle’s Press and a masticating juicer like the Champion juicer would be your other option. It will still satisfy Gerson Institute’s strict conditions without the expensive price tag.
This dual juicer option will just cost you more or less five hundred bucks; it’s more than 300% cheaper.
However, here’s the catch…
It’s a bit counterintuitive, but that’s the cheaper option laid out by the Gerson Institute.
Any slow masticating juicer that has a blank screen to allow it to be used only as a grinder will work with this method, and there are a few cheaper ones available.
Gerson Juicers for Non-Malignant Therapy
If you’re not a cancer patient, a two-stage juicer wouldn’t be necessary. To be more specific, the organization have a list of Gerson therapy juicers for non-malignant conditions.
- Champion Juicer 2000 (now you can use this juicer)
- Angel Juicer
- Tribest Green Star Juicers
- Tribest Solo Star
- Green Power Juicer
- Hurom Slow Juicers
- Omega juicers (slow juicers only)
The Gerson Therapy
“The Gerson Therapy is a natural treatment that activates the body’s extraordinary ability to heal itself through an organic, plant-based diet, raw juices, coffee enemas, and natural supplements.”—The Gerson Institute.
In full disclosure, the Gerson Therapy is controversial among health professionals. Read what I think about the Gerson Therapy diet here.
It’s an alternative course of treatment for degenerative diseases, diabetes, cancer, and other medical conditions. It follows a strict regimen of nutrient-boosting diet, supplementation, and detoxification. In theory, once you’ve addressed toxicity and nutritional deficiency, the underlying cause of most illnesses, your body’s natural defenses will fight off the disease.
Please note that Gerson Diet, Gerson Therapy, or detoxification are not medically proven. There is no scientific research to back its claims and effectivity on malignant and non-malignant conditions.
If any of the following applies to you, you need to work with a Certified Gerson Practitioner.
- Undergoing chemotherapy
- Have diabetes
- Diagnosed with brain metastases
- Suffering from severe kidney damage or under hemodialysis therapy
- You have a pacemaker, breast implants, steel plates or screws
- You have an underlying digestive tract disorder, or you have a diminished capacity to eat.
Part of the Gerson diet therapy is consuming freshly pressed juices. You must drink 9 to 13 glasses of organic, raw juices daily. That’s one glass of juice every hour.
According to the Institute, you must take 15 to 20 pounds of produce daily to activate the body’s natural healing process. However, that would be impossible for a normal human being. That is why juicing is a big part of their diet therapy.
Following their recommendation, you should ditch your juicing machine for a Gerson-approved juicer.
How About Centrifugal Juicers?
The Gerson Institute doesn’t recommend centrifugal juicers because it exposes the juice to two leading causes of nutrient breakdown—oxidation and heat. To put it simply, it destroys the essential healing enzymes in the juice.
Here’s what Dr. Gerson, the founder of the Gerson Therapy, said:
“When the grinding wheel rotates against a resistance with insufficient access of air, positive electricity is produced and induces negative electricity on the surrounding wall. The exchange of positive and negative ions kills the oxidizing enzymes and renders the juice deficient.”
Dr. Gerson further notes that “In his many years of clinical experience, patients who used centrifugal juicers did not have success with the Therapy.”
For a juicer to be Gerson Therapy approved, it should be able to retain the maximum amounts of nutrients and enzymes, and at the same time, the juice should be completely smooth and pulp-free for optimal absorption.
Over to You
So, there you have it, the complete list of Gerson therapy juicers.
Cancer is a serious pathological condition, you should seek out medical help first before trying an alternative course of treatment.
If you’re suffering from cancer, my heart goes out to you. I know it’s a difficult journey, stay strong and keep fighting!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?